Douglas M. Nelson is a founding member of the firm, where he counsels startups, entrepreneurs, and established businesses in a variety of transactional business matters, primarily in the technology, retail, and healthcare sectors.
He assists clients with contracts, mergers and acquisitions, terms of service, licensing, privacy, intellectual property, and trade secret and restrictive covenant issues.
Doug also advises investors, entrepreneurs, and emerging companies regarding financing, both bank and privately-funded ventures.
Doug is a resident of Marlton, New Jersey. Outside of law, he enjoys rare book dealing and collecting, surfing and fishing on Long Beach Island, and all things tech.
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- District III.B (Burlington County) Attorney Ethics Committee, Member
- First State Fintech Lab, General Counsel and Director
- Independent Online Booksellers Association, Vice President
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey CannaBusiness Association
- Attorney - Capehart Scatchard, P.A.
- Law Clerk - Honorable Karen L. Suter, P.J. Ch., Chancery Division, General Equity and Probate Part, now Appellate Division
- Law Fellow - Office of Senator Christopher A. Coons
Honors and Awards
- Named to the list of “Rising Stars” as published by Super Lawyers
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Awesome Attorneys as published by South Jersey Magazine