Nikitas "Nick" Moustakas is a founding member and current managing member of the firm. His practice focuses on corporate and business counseling, trademark application, outside general counsel, information technology, healthcare, employment, and other transactional business representation, for clients ranging from individuals and start ups to publicly traded institutions. Mr. Moustakas also regularly assists clients in locating and securing financing and partners and otherwise negotiating and bringing deals to the closing table.
His experience representing corporate, business, and individual clients includes guidance with contract preparation, review, and negotiation, business transactional law, and real estate/business acquisitions and sales, as well as corporate entity selection, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, employee and labor matters, trademark matters and assistance with succession planning. Mr. Moustakas also has extensive experience representing community and homeowners associations.
Prior to embarking on his legal career, for almost two decades Mr. Moustakas owned and operated a successful restaurant in Philadelphia. The extensive business and customer service experience that he cultivated as a restaurateur provides him with an acute understanding of the operations, risks, and benefits of small businesses and being a business owner in the Philadelphia region. This experience, coupled with his legal knowledge, allows Mr. Moustakas to more effectively represent his clients.
Mr. Moustakas also frequently speaks at seminars regarding healthcare, corporate law, and succession planning, and has spoken at Temple University, Cooper University Hospital, and Hermes Expo International, among other venues.
Mr. Moustakas is a resident of Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Outside of law, Mr. Moustakas enjoys spending time with his family in Brigantine, and promoting and assisting in fundraising in various organizations and helping the Greek-American groups in the Philadelphia region.
Honors and Awards
- Named to the list of “Super Lawyers” as voted by his peers and facilitated by Law & Politics and New Jersey Monthly
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Awesome Attorneys as published by South Jersey Magazine
- Recognized as a Best Attorney in Business as published by South Jersey Biz
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Hellenic Lawyers Association, President
- Hellenic Federation of New Jersey, Vice President South Jersey
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Burlington County Bar Association, Trustee
- Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Vice President, Southern New Jersey Chapter
- Investors Bank, Advisory Board Member
- Union League of Philadelphia
Pro Bono Activities
- Healthcare Forum Committee, Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Past Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Inspira Health Network Foundation
- Past Vice Chair, South Jersey Healthcare Foundation
- Past Chair, South Jersey Healthcare Foundation Golf and Tennis Committee
- Past Board Member, Capital Health System Foundation
- Past Chair, Capital Health System Foundation Gala Committee
- Past Board Member, American Lung Association, New Jersey Chapter
- Gala Co-Chair and Master of Ceremonies, 2019 Hellenic Federation Gala
- The Affordable Care Act – Obamacare
- Considerations in Estate Planning
- Dr. Contracting 101